Learner must complete Part One, Two and Three of Pharmacology and Therapeutics Update in order to receive nursing continuing education credit and 1.5 hours of drug abuse, diversion and KASPER
Pharmacology and Therapeutics Update Part Two
Speaker and Credentials: Glen E. Farr, Pharm.D.
Duration: 84 minutes
Brief Description: This session will provide participants with an overview of the most significant recent advancements in healthcare as well as appropriately counsel patients/clients on recently introduced drugs.
Objectives of Session:
• List the most significant recent advancements in health care.
• Describe the current status of the Rx and OTC drug abuse problem.
• Compare and contrast recently introduced drugs and changes in the therapeutic approach to various disease processes, with emphasis on contraception and women’s health, but also including drugs used in mental health, drug addiction, pain management, cardiovascular health, infectious diseases, diabetes, and miscellaneous conditions.
• Appropriately counsel patients/clients on recently introduced drugs.
• Appropriately respond to questions and concerns from patients/clients on recent reports in the pharmacological literature.
• Optimize pharmacologic therapy while minimizing drug-related problems.
• Optimize prescribing of controlled substances to conform to the requirements for prescribing by Advanced Practice Nurses.
Joy Hoskins, RN, BSN, BA
Benita Decker, RN
Amanda Hardin, RN BSN CCHP
Orig posted 12/4/17 JMB
Steps For Completing a Course
Step One: TO COMPLETE A COURSE:
The Dashboard section of the TRAIN Home page is where your course management will take place. The “My Learning” section contains recent, active course registrations. To see all registrations, click the “Current Courses” button.
Next to each course listing is an “M” button. This will allow you to “Manage” your individual course registrations. To manage a particular course, simply click the “M” button to the right of the Course Name. Mark your course as Completed: Click the “Completed” button to complete your course.
Step Two: TO LAUNCH AN EVALUATION, YOU HAVE A VARIETY OF ACCESS POINTS:
On the Course Details page, where you originally registered for the course, under the
Registration tab, there will be an evaluation button. If you click the “My Learning” link on the TRAIN Home page dashboard, you will see which recent course evaluations that need to be completed.
On the TRAIN Home page, if you have an evaluation pending, a red alert notice will appear within the “My Action Items” section of the TRAIN dashboard.
Step Three: TO VIEW OR PRINT A CERTIFICATE:
Login to your TRAIN account and access the “My Certificates” link on the TRAIN Home page. This will reveal a list of recent Certificates. Click the “Certificate print icon” to the right of the page. This open or download a PDF version of the Certificate.