BRDHD New Employee Disaster Preparedness Orientation
December 21, 2017 Bowling Green
- Duration: 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM CT
BRDHD New Employee Disaster Preparedness Orientation will be held on December 21, 2017, 1109 State Street, Bowling Green. This course is for all new employees or other employees of the BRDHD who have not yet attended the Disaster Preparedness course and is to help familiarize the employee with the basis disaster preparedness for work, home, and the BRDHD's All Hazards Plan.
- Understand the need to prepare a family disaster plan and disaster supply kit
- Describe the basic understanding of the health department's role in a disaster response
- Understand the possible roles of the health department nurse in a disaster response
- Awareness of the BRDHD all hazards plan
- Describe the purpose of a Point of Dispensing Clinic
- Understanding of what the SNS is and when it may be activated
- Identify where the BRDHD All Hazards Plan is located
- Awareness of MRC and CERT Programs
- Describe where to locate alternated meeting sites
- Demonstrate setting up HAN Account Profile
- Awareness of local hazards vulnerable such as storms, floods, and winter storms
8:30 a.m. Introductions and Welcome
8:45 a.m. Why are we here: What is in your folder
9:05 a.m. BRDHD All Hazards Plan information, health departments role, staff role, location of plans- Richard Graham
10:05 a.m. Break
10:15 a.m. Strategic National Stockpile/ Point of Dispensing / ICS refresher – Richard Graham and Tony Richey
11:15 a.m. Communications Equiptment- Tony Richey
11:45 a.m. HAN how it is used and staff HAN Accounts – Richard Graham
12:00 p.m. Completions of Class
Course Planning Committee Members and Credentials/Title:
Janarae Conway, Disaster Response Coordinator;
Richard Graham, BRDHD Public Health Preparedness Trainer;
Tony Richey, BRDHD Citizens Corps
Steps For Completing a Course
Step One: TO COMPLETE A COURSE:
The Dashboard section of the TRAIN Home page is where your course management will take place. The “My Learning” section contains recent, active course registrations. To see all registrations, click the “Current Courses” button.
Next to each course listing is an “M” button. This will allow you to “Manage” your individual course registrations. To manage a particular course, simply click the “M” button to the right of the Course Name. Mark your course as Completed: Click the “Completed” button to complete your course.
Step Two: TO LAUNCH AN EVALUATION, YOU HAVE A VARIETY OF ACCESS POINTS:
On the Course Details page, where you originally registered for the course, under the
Registration tab, there will be an evaluation button. If you click the “My Learning” link on the TRAIN Home page dashboard, you will see which recent course evaluations that need to be completed.
On the TRAIN Home page, if you have an evaluation pending, a red alert notice will appear within the “My Action Items” section of the TRAIN dashboard.
Step Three: TO VIEW OR PRINT A CERTIFICATE:
Login to your TRAIN account and access the “My Certificates” link on the TRAIN Home page. This will reveal a list of recent Certificates. Click the “Certificate print icon” to the right of the page. This open or download a PDF version of the Certificate.
Posted: 11/7/2017 BKH